Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri September 6, 2013
Arkansas Officials To Mark National Recovery Month
The Arkansas Department of Human Services is holding an event to encourage people recovering from behavioral health issues to speak out.
The state is marking National Recovery Month on Friday with a news conference and celebration on the Clinton presidential library lawn in downtown Little Rock.
The event will include a governor's proclamation and stories of substance abuse and mental health recovery from those who are living it.
The event will also feature comments from supporters of Arkansans who are in recovery, along with information about recovery and refreshments. The event will begin at 11 a.m.