Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri September 6, 2013
Arkansas Officials To Mark National Recovery Month
The Arkansas Department of Human Services is holding an event to encourage people recovering from behavioral health issues to speak out.
The state is marking National Recovery Month on Friday with a news conference and celebration on the Clinton presidential library lawn in downtown Little Rock.
The event will include a governor's proclamation and stories of substance abuse and mental health recovery from those who are living it.
The event will also feature comments from supporters of Arkansans who are in recovery, along with information about recovery and refreshments. The event will begin at 11 a.m.