Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Thu February 6, 2014
Arkansas Panel: Suspend Fundraising Ban In State House
An Arkansas House panel is recommending that the chamber suspend its ban on raising campaign funds during the upcoming legislative session.
The House Rules Committee on Thursday recommended that the chamber suspend a rule barring members from raising money from the fiscal session that begins Monday. Suspending the rule will require a two-thirds vote among members present before the House convenes.
The proposal replaces the panel's recommendation last week that the rule be changed to allow fundraising by candidates for federal office.
Two House members are running for Congress this year. Some members said lifting the ban for only some members was unfair. The Senate does not ban fundraising during the fiscal session.