Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Police Investigate GOP Threats
Tue April 23, 2013
Arkansas Republican Lawmakers Face Security Concerns
Arkansas State Police say they have investigated threats against state legislators but found no reason to believe their safety was in jeopardy. House Speaker Davy Carter was one of the legislators threatened when he was targeted in a tweet.
Carter said Monday that he never felt he was in physical danger but said the threat made him angry. Also Monday, the editor of the Benton County Republican Committee newsletter apologized for approving an article by her husband that discussed shooting legislators.
Leigh Nogy says she understood the article by Chris Nogy as using dramatic language to make a point, not as a true threat. The article criticized Republican legislators for not being conservative enough. Carter, a Cabot Republican, said threats of violence don't belong in the dialogue of either party.