Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue November 5, 2013
Arkansas Schools Annual Accountability Report
137 Arkansas Public Schools met their Annual Measurable Objectives this year, as announced by the Arkansas Department of Education Tuesday. Last year, 341 schools reached the second-best category of achieving, while this year the number fell to 137.
The results for the “exemplary category," which is top performing schools, will be released Wednesday. Commissioner of Education Dr. Tom Kimbrell says it is important to continue working to lessen the achievement gap.
"We need to continue to look and ensure that we are focusing in the areas that we need to focus. Particularly on those groups of students that we continue to struggle getting that level of proficiency," said Kimbrell.
Kimbrell says the Department of Education is especially focused on the Targeted Achievement Gap Group, which includes students who are economically disadvantaged, English learners and students with disabilities.
To view the complete 2013 accountability results visit the Arkansas Department of Education Website.