Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Thu March 21, 2013
Arkansas Senate OKs Guns At Church-Operated Schools
The Arkansas Senate has approved legislation that would allow concealed weapons at churches that also operate private schools.
The Senate voted 29-4 Thursday and passed the bill by Republican Sen. Bryan King of Green Forest.
It would allow - with the church's permission - concealed handguns to be carried at churches that also operate private schools.
The bill now heads to the House for consideration.
The measure is a follow-up to a bill sponsored by King and signed into law earlier this year that left it up to churches and other places of worship to decide whether to allow concealed weapons into their buildings.