Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
ASU Financial Security Breach
Mon April 1, 2013
Arkansas State University Employees Affected In Tax Return Scheme
Arkansas State University says more than 200 university employees have been affected by tax fraud this year - but the school hasn't yet identified how the employees' personal information was obtained.
Arkansas State first said in February that fraudulent tax returns had been filed on behalf of 27 university employees.
At a meeting of the Faculty Senate last week, ASU human resources employees said that number has grown to 215 at the Jonesboro campus. Arkansas State says it will pay for a credit monitoring system for each identity theft victim for at least a year.
The university and law enforcement authorities continue to investigate the source of the data breach.