Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon March 24, 2014
Arkansas Supreme Court Reassigns Judge's Cases
The Arkansas Supreme Court has reassigned the caseload of a judge who is being investigated for online comments he posted anonymously and contributions he received linked to a nursing home that appeared before his court.
Chief Justice Jim Hannah on Monday ordered that a special judge or judges be assigned to hear the cases for Faulkner County Circuit Judge Mike Maggio.
Maggio this month dropped his bid for a seat on the Arkansas Court of Appeals after admitting to posting comments online that were criticized as racist and sexist.
A judicial panel is investigating those posts, and also contributions he received from political action committees linked to a nursing home that saw its penalties reduced days after the donations were made.
The order did not specifically refer to either investigation.