Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu December 19, 2013
ASU Announces New Football Coach
Officials with Arkansas State University announced Thursday their fifth head football coach in five years. Blake Anderson most recently served as offensive coordinator for North Carolina where his team earned school records in offensive categories. At a press conference Anderson stressed his aggressive style.
“We will be the most violent, physical football team in the Sun Belt. Now, that doesn't happen over night. I told the guys when I met with them, you will work harder in this program than you have ever been asked to work in your life but you will also reap bigger rewards than you've ever reaped. But it's all about work. We will be violent, we will blow people up. We will stop the run and we will run the ball,” said Anderson.
Previous coaches have gone on to bigger schools and higher pay after displaying success at ASU. The Redwolves have won the Sun Belt Conference Championship three years in a row and are currently headed to the GoDaddy.com bowl game in Alabama.
Anderson's starting pay will be over $700,000. He worked previously as an offensive coordinator for the University of North Carolina. The Tar Heels, like ASU, are making a bowl game appearance this year.