Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
Mon March 18, 2013
Authorities Say Two Inmates Overpowered A Jailor To Escape From A Prison
Authorities say three inmates are back in custody after escaping from the Yell County Jail and will likely face additional charges.
Captain John Foster with the Sheriff’s Office said Bret Cooksey and Seth Chowning overpowered a jailer Sunday afternoon, attacked him and locked him in a cell.
They then used his key to release a female inmate, Jacqueline Stobaugh and escape from the facility.
"They got out about 2.30 yesterday afternoon and we captured the two males at about 10.30 last night, approximately two blocks from the jail, at a residence. And then about an hour and a half after that, we captured the female in a shed that was nearby. The escape is still under investigation. We’re looking at all aspects of it and see what steps need to be taken," said Captain Foster.
Captain Foster says this is a rare case for the Yell County Jail and the guard suffered minor injuries, but is ok.