Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Mon March 18, 2013
Authorities Say Two Inmates Overpowered A Jailor To Escape From A Prison
Authorities say three inmates are back in custody after escaping from the Yell County Jail and will likely face additional charges.
Captain John Foster with the Sheriff’s Office said Bret Cooksey and Seth Chowning overpowered a jailer Sunday afternoon, attacked him and locked him in a cell.
They then used his key to release a female inmate, Jacqueline Stobaugh and escape from the facility.
"They got out about 2.30 yesterday afternoon and we captured the two males at about 10.30 last night, approximately two blocks from the jail, at a residence. And then about an hour and a half after that, we captured the female in a shed that was nearby. The escape is still under investigation. We’re looking at all aspects of it and see what steps need to be taken," said Captain Foster.
Captain Foster says this is a rare case for the Yell County Jail and the guard suffered minor injuries, but is ok.