Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Camp For High Schoolers
Fri May 31, 2013
Basketball Camp For Students From Small Towns
A free four day basketball camp for students from small towns is beginning on Monday.
We Believe Basketball Camp is for junior and senior high school students from DeValls Bluff, Hazen, and Biscoe to learn basketball skills as well as spend time with working people who came from small towns.
Camp director, JP Arnold, said the camp is for students who can’t afford going to a summer camp.
“That’s just a really magical moment for the students to see ‘hey, this person was here 15, 20 years ago. And now, they’re doing something with their live. And that’s something that possibly they can visualize and see for themselves that ‘I can become a doctor, a teacher, a lawyer, a military professional,” said Arnold.
Camp provides free jerseys, shorts, shoes, and lunch for students.
Arnold says students can show up at Hazen School Gym on Monday at 8am.