Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue March 4, 2014
Beebe Sends in National Guard to Help Stalled Motorists
Gov. Mike Beebe says state agencies are responding to motorists stuck on a pair of east Arkansas interstates for hours because of snow and ice.
Beebe says the National Guard and State Police are checking on motorists to ensure no one is having a medical emergency. Game and Fish workers are taking gasoline out to motorists who have run out.
Snow and ice swept through the area Sunday and early Monday, and temperatures in the teens have kept the road slick. A number of traffic accidents have caused delays. Beebe's office says construction on Interstates 40 and 55 have contributed to the delays.