Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Fri March 29, 2013
Beebe Signs Measure That Removes Governor's Power To Regulate Guns
Governor Mike Beebe has signed legislation that removes the governor's emergency power to regulate guns during a disaster.
The bill signed by Beebe yesterday removes the governor's authority during a disaster or emergency to suspend or limit the sale, distribution and transportation of firearms.
Beebe spokesman Matt DeCample says the governor had never exercised the power and didn't see a compelling reason to stop the Legislature's effort to remove it.