Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Fri March 29, 2013
Beebe Signs Measure That Removes Governor's Power To Regulate Guns
Governor Mike Beebe has signed legislation that removes the governor's emergency power to regulate guns during a disaster.
The bill signed by Beebe yesterday removes the governor's authority during a disaster or emergency to suspend or limit the sale, distribution and transportation of firearms.
Beebe spokesman Matt DeCample says the governor had never exercised the power and didn't see a compelling reason to stop the Legislature's effort to remove it.