Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Fri March 29, 2013
Beebe Signs Measure That Removes Governor's Power To Regulate Guns
Governor Mike Beebe has signed legislation that removes the governor's emergency power to regulate guns during a disaster.
The bill signed by Beebe yesterday removes the governor's authority during a disaster or emergency to suspend or limit the sale, distribution and transportation of firearms.
Beebe spokesman Matt DeCample says the governor had never exercised the power and didn't see a compelling reason to stop the Legislature's effort to remove it.