Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
“Bella donna”, Italian for “beautiful lady”, is a plant, sometimes called “nightshade”, that contains a toxic poison used for centuries as an assassination tool. In a diluted form, it was used in earlier times as eye drops by women to dilate their pupils, which was thought to create a seductive appearance.
Oh, yes, there is also a classical-music ensemble named Belladonna. I’d watch out for them!