Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
“Bella donna”, Italian for “beautiful lady”, is a plant, sometimes called “nightshade”, that contains a toxic poison used for centuries as an assassination tool. In a diluted form, it was used in earlier times as eye drops by women to dilate their pupils, which was thought to create a seductive appearance.
Oh, yes, there is also a classical-music ensemble named Belladonna. I’d watch out for them!