Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
“Bella donna”, Italian for “beautiful lady”, is a plant, sometimes called “nightshade”, that contains a toxic poison used for centuries as an assassination tool. In a diluted form, it was used in earlier times as eye drops by women to dilate their pupils, which was thought to create a seductive appearance.
Oh, yes, there is also a classical-music ensemble named Belladonna. I’d watch out for them!