Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
“Bella donna”, Italian for “beautiful lady”, is a plant, sometimes called “nightshade”, that contains a toxic poison used for centuries as an assassination tool. In a diluted form, it was used in earlier times as eye drops by women to dilate their pupils, which was thought to create a seductive appearance.
Oh, yes, there is also a classical-music ensemble named Belladonna. I’d watch out for them!