Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes on Music
Wed February 27, 2013
The Black Crook
In 1866, a theatre manager desperate to get any production to fill his theatre, cobbled together a script about some sort of fantasy world.
Though the script made little sense, an unemployed ballet company with some spare scenery offered a numbing five and a half hour production called The Black Crook. It ran 474 performances, and essentially began the “American musical theatre experience.”