Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Sun May 19, 2013
Body Of Young Woman Found In Lawrence County
The Lawrence County Sheriff's Department says the body of a young woman has been found in the Black River but her name is not yet known.
The sheriff's office said Saturday evening that the body would be sent to the Arkansas Crime Laboratory in Little Rock for an autopsy and identification.
There was no immediate indication whether the body is that of 14-year-old Sidney Nicole Randall.
She has been missing since early March after her stepfather was found dead along a Lawrence County road. Officials say Cornell committed suicide.
Volunteers and law enforcement officials have conducted numerous searches for Sidney in northeast Arkansas.
The efforts included dragging rivers and ponds. Jonesboro television station KAIT reports that the body found Saturday was near the border between Lawrence and Randolph counties.