Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Sun May 19, 2013
Body Of Young Woman Found In Lawrence County
The Lawrence County Sheriff's Department says the body of a young woman has been found in the Black River but her name is not yet known.
The sheriff's office said Saturday evening that the body would be sent to the Arkansas Crime Laboratory in Little Rock for an autopsy and identification.
There was no immediate indication whether the body is that of 14-year-old Sidney Nicole Randall.
She has been missing since early March after her stepfather was found dead along a Lawrence County road. Officials say Cornell committed suicide.
Volunteers and law enforcement officials have conducted numerous searches for Sidney in northeast Arkansas.
The efforts included dragging rivers and ponds. Jonesboro television station KAIT reports that the body found Saturday was near the border between Lawrence and Randolph counties.