Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Tue April 16, 2013
Boston Race Draws 37 Arkansans
More than three-dozen Arkansans were registered to run in the Boston Marathon, where two explosions were set off near the finish line following the race.
According to the race's website, 37 runners in Monday's race had listed Arkansas as their home state. Their ages were listed between 21 and 71 years of age. It wasn't immediately known whether any of the Arkansas people were among the scores injured in the attack.
About three hours after the elite runners crossed the finish line, there was a loud explosion near a photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another blast could be heard a few seconds later.