Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Tue April 16, 2013
Boston Race Draws 37 Arkansans
More than three-dozen Arkansans were registered to run in the Boston Marathon, where two explosions were set off near the finish line following the race.
According to the race's website, 37 runners in Monday's race had listed Arkansas as their home state. Their ages were listed between 21 and 71 years of age. It wasn't immediately known whether any of the Arkansas people were among the scores injured in the attack.
About three hours after the elite runners crossed the finish line, there was a loud explosion near a photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another blast could be heard a few seconds later.