Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Tue April 16, 2013
Boston Race Draws 37 Arkansans
More than three-dozen Arkansans were registered to run in the Boston Marathon, where two explosions were set off near the finish line following the race.
According to the race's website, 37 runners in Monday's race had listed Arkansas as their home state. Their ages were listed between 21 and 71 years of age. It wasn't immediately known whether any of the Arkansas people were among the scores injured in the attack.
About three hours after the elite runners crossed the finish line, there was a loud explosion near a photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another blast could be heard a few seconds later.