Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu June 6, 2013
Bridge Over I-30 In Little Rock Damaged, Closed
For safety reasons, Arkansas highway officials have closed an overpass that crosses Interstate 30 in Little Rock.
The highway department said Wednesday that a truck hauling a backhoe hit support beams of the Stanton Road bridge over the highway and damaged supports that hold up the structure.
Officials say traffic on I-30 is not affected but the overpass will remain closed until the damage can be assessed and repaired.
The bridge was built in 1960 and about 3,300 vehicles travel it daily.