Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Thu June 6, 2013
Bridge Over I-30 In Little Rock Damaged, Closed
For safety reasons, Arkansas highway officials have closed an overpass that crosses Interstate 30 in Little Rock.
The highway department said Wednesday that a truck hauling a backhoe hit support beams of the Stanton Road bridge over the highway and damaged supports that hold up the structure.
Officials say traffic on I-30 is not affected but the overpass will remain closed until the damage can be assessed and repaired.
The bridge was built in 1960 and about 3,300 vehicles travel it daily.