Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu June 6, 2013
Bridge Over I-30 In Little Rock Damaged, Closed
For safety reasons, Arkansas highway officials have closed an overpass that crosses Interstate 30 in Little Rock.
The highway department said Wednesday that a truck hauling a backhoe hit support beams of the Stanton Road bridge over the highway and damaged supports that hold up the structure.
Officials say traffic on I-30 is not affected but the overpass will remain closed until the damage can be assessed and repaired.
The bridge was built in 1960 and about 3,300 vehicles travel it daily.