Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri January 17, 2014
C-SPAN Bus To Stop in Little Rock
The C-SPAN bus is making a stop in Little Rock as part of its winter tour.
It'll be at the Clinton Presidential Library tomorrow, Jan.18, from 10 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Then on Tuesday, Jan. 21, the bus will be at Mount Saint Mary Academy from 8:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. and also in the River Market area (River Market Ave. and E. 3rd Street) at The Women's Foundation of Arkansas.
Heath Neiderer with C-SPAN says the bus has been traveling to cities, schools, and universities around the country to demonstrate C-SPAN’s educational and political resources.
Visitors will also be able to take interactive quizzes and see C-SPAN’s cameras and production equipment.
Neiderer says the winter tour will coincide with the finale of the network's First Ladies series, which chronicles the lives of America’s first ladies. He says coming to Little Rock and partnering with the Clinton Library, an all-girls school, and The Women's Foundation of Arkansas to organize the events was a natural fit.
Neiderer says he thinks one of the most impressive resources C-SPAN offers the public is its video library, which includes archived video going back to 1987 and over 200,000 hours of programming.