Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Though rather unpopular when it premiered in 1875, George Bizet’s opera Carmen has become one of the staples of operatic literature. It has been performed by virtually all the world’s major opera companies, and has been widely acclaimed for its brilliance of melody, harmony, atmosphere and orchestration.
It’s interesting that the name chosen for the title character means “song” in Latin.