Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Though rather unpopular when it premiered in 1875, George Bizet’s opera Carmen has become one of the staples of operatic literature. It has been performed by virtually all the world’s major opera companies, and has been widely acclaimed for its brilliance of melody, harmony, atmosphere and orchestration.
It’s interesting that the name chosen for the title character means “song” in Latin.