Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Though rather unpopular when it premiered in 1875, George Bizet’s opera Carmen has become one of the staples of operatic literature. It has been performed by virtually all the world’s major opera companies, and has been widely acclaimed for its brilliance of melody, harmony, atmosphere and orchestration.
It’s interesting that the name chosen for the title character means “song” in Latin.