Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
- Johnny Cash's Boyhood Home In Arkansas To Open This Weekend
- 'Game-Changing' Initiative Could Drastically Cut Water Usage For Farming
Pres. Clinton For Little Rock Funding Initiative
Fri March 15, 2013
Clinton To Help Launch Microloan Program In Arkansas
Former President Bill Clinton is expected to help announce the launch of an initiative that expands the availability of microloans for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs in the Little Rock area.
Clinton is slated to appear Friday afternoon at the launch of Kiva City Little Rock. The program connects small business owners to an online community where people can lend money to Arkansas businesses.
Kiva City Little Rock is the latest part of the Kiva City Initiative, a partnership between Kiva and Visa Inc. that launched at the Clinton Global Initiative America meeting in 2011.