Most Active Stories
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- Report Shows Dire Need For More Pre-K Funding In Arkansas
Clinton For Pryor
Mon March 18, 2013
Clinton Supports Pryor Re-election Bid
Former President Bill Clinton says U.S. Senator Mark Pryor's fight for a third term is gaining national prominence because it's a test of whether lawmakers who care more about their constituents than party loyalty can win in an increasingly divided political environment.
Clinton headlined a Saturday fundraiser for Pryor, helping the Democratic senator from Arkansas raise $1 million in his bid for a third term next year. Pryor doesn't have an announced Republican opponent, but has already faced a flood of advertisements from Republican groups who believe he's vulnerable.
Pryor is the only Democratic member of Arkansas's congressional delegation and now he's running for re-election in a state where Republicans have made dramatic gains in recent years, including winning control of the state Legislature.