Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Clinton For Pryor
Mon March 18, 2013
Clinton Supports Pryor Re-election Bid
Former President Bill Clinton says U.S. Senator Mark Pryor's fight for a third term is gaining national prominence because it's a test of whether lawmakers who care more about their constituents than party loyalty can win in an increasingly divided political environment.
Clinton headlined a Saturday fundraiser for Pryor, helping the Democratic senator from Arkansas raise $1 million in his bid for a third term next year. Pryor doesn't have an announced Republican opponent, but has already faced a flood of advertisements from Republican groups who believe he's vulnerable.
Pryor is the only Democratic member of Arkansas's congressional delegation and now he's running for re-election in a state where Republicans have made dramatic gains in recent years, including winning control of the state Legislature.