Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Wed August 28, 2013
Clinton To Talk About Obama's New Healthcare Law in Little Rock
Former president Bill Clinton will speak about President Obama’s signature health care law at an event next Wednesday, September 4, at the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock.
The former president touched briefly on the issue of healthcare during his speech today marking the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.
The White House is enlisting former President Bill Clinton's help in explaining Obama's health care law as a key phase of the reform nears. Crucial aspects of the health reform law are set to be implemented in the coming months, leading to a renewed clash over its funding and viability.
After last year's Democratic National Convention, Obama dubbed Clinton the "Secretary of Explaining Stuff" because of his convention speech's broad defense of the president's policies.
The Clinton Foundation says he'll be talking about the critical role a high-quality, affordable and accessible health care system plays in any country’s economic and social well being.
The speech will take place at 10 a.m. central time and will be broadcast on the Clinton Foundation’s website.