Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri May 3, 2013
Clintons Attend Little Rock Airport Ceremony
Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton have returned to Arkansas for a dedication ceremony at the Little Rock airport that now bears their names.
The Clintons spoke Friday and recalled their first experiences with the airport that now serves about 2.2 million passengers annually.
The former president said he first flew out of the Little Rock airport when he was in college and says that thanks to the airport, they've always been able to find their ways back home.
The Little Rock Municipal Airport Commission voted unanimously last year to rename the airport in honor of the Clintons.
Also Friday, Airport Commission Chairman Kay Kelley Arnold announced the completion of a $67 million renovation project.