Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Sat November 30, 2013
'Code Word' Billboard Vandalized In Harrison
Authorities are investigating after someone vandalized a controversial billboard along the Harrison Bypass.
The billboard went up in October and reads, "Anti-Racist is a Code Word for Anti-White." According to the Harrison Daily Times, someone vandalized the billboard early Friday to now say, "Anti-Racist is a Code Word for Love."
Harrison Assistant Police Chief Paul Woodruff says someone witnessed the vandals in action and contacted police. Authorities have a license plate number and are investigating the incident as a criminal mischief case.
City leaders decried the billboard after it went on display along the U.S. 62/65 bypass. The company that owns the sign wouldn't identify who paid for it, only saying it was a young man who's paying $200 a month for a year.