Most Active Stories
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Former Treasurer Convicted Of Bribery, Extortion
Local & Regional News
Sat November 30, 2013
'Code Word' Billboard Vandalized In Harrison
Authorities are investigating after someone vandalized a controversial billboard along the Harrison Bypass.
The billboard went up in October and reads, "Anti-Racist is a Code Word for Anti-White." According to the Harrison Daily Times, someone vandalized the billboard early Friday to now say, "Anti-Racist is a Code Word for Love."
Harrison Assistant Police Chief Paul Woodruff says someone witnessed the vandals in action and contacted police. Authorities have a license plate number and are investigating the incident as a criminal mischief case.
City leaders decried the billboard after it went on display along the U.S. 62/65 bypass. The company that owns the sign wouldn't identify who paid for it, only saying it was a young man who's paying $200 a month for a year.