Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri November 22, 2013
Company To Hire 50, Spend $6.7 Million On Malvern Plant
A company in Malvern says it is planning to spend $6.7 million and add 50 workers to open a new fiberboard plant. Prime-Line Inc. manufactures medium- and light-density fiberboard, moulding and millwork.
In its Friday announcement, the company said it has been turning down customers and needs the new plant to meet demand.
Prime-Line's president and CEO, Brian Feeney, says the plant will move from its location at Jones Mill Industrial Park to a site in Malvern.
The company already has about 50 employees after starting 17 years ago with a handful of workers. Prime-Line's products are sold by national distributors.