Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Mon April 15, 2013
Construction Crews Close Lanes At Big Rock Interchange In Little Rock
Motorists traveling on Interstate 430 in west Little Rock should prepare for evening traffic delays, according to officials from the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department.
For most of this week, work crews will be painting steel girders at the major construction site for the I-430 and I-630 Interchange, also known as the Big Rock Interchange. David Nilles with the highway department says there will be some lane closures.
“We will have a lane closure on 430 in the northbound lanes each evening this week. We will be out there through Thursday night,” Nilles said. “We will be down to one lane in the northbound of 430 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.”
Nilles says motorists should drive with caution, since only one northbound lane will be open at the work site during those evenings. Crews are not expected to set up detours.