Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Mon April 15, 2013
Construction Crews Close Lanes At Big Rock Interchange In Little Rock
Motorists traveling on Interstate 430 in west Little Rock should prepare for evening traffic delays, according to officials from the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department.
For most of this week, work crews will be painting steel girders at the major construction site for the I-430 and I-630 Interchange, also known as the Big Rock Interchange. David Nilles with the highway department says there will be some lane closures.
“We will have a lane closure on 430 in the northbound lanes each evening this week. We will be out there through Thursday night,” Nilles said. “We will be down to one lane in the northbound of 430 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.”
Nilles says motorists should drive with caution, since only one northbound lane will be open at the work site during those evenings. Crews are not expected to set up detours.