Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Tue April 30, 2013
Crews Search Property In Arkansas For Missing Woman
Authorities in western Arkansas are searching for the remains of a Tulsa woman who has been missing for more than 35 years.
Franklin County Sheriff Anthony Boen says his office began looking into the Shirley Banning case after they were contacted by the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office several weeks ago.
Tulsa television station KOTV reports that the search is centered on a vacant homestead on Arkansas 23 south of Ozark.
Boen says cadaver dogs are assisting in the search.
Banning was last seen on May 23, 1975. No one has been arrested in her disappearance.