Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Tue April 30, 2013
Crews Search Property In Arkansas For Missing Woman
Authorities in western Arkansas are searching for the remains of a Tulsa woman who has been missing for more than 35 years.
Franklin County Sheriff Anthony Boen says his office began looking into the Shirley Banning case after they were contacted by the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office several weeks ago.
Tulsa television station KOTV reports that the search is centered on a vacant homestead on Arkansas 23 south of Ozark.
Boen says cadaver dogs are assisting in the search.
Banning was last seen on May 23, 1975. No one has been arrested in her disappearance.