Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Tue April 30, 2013
Crews Search Property In Arkansas For Missing Woman
Authorities in western Arkansas are searching for the remains of a Tulsa woman who has been missing for more than 35 years.
Franklin County Sheriff Anthony Boen says his office began looking into the Shirley Banning case after they were contacted by the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office several weeks ago.
Tulsa television station KOTV reports that the search is centered on a vacant homestead on Arkansas 23 south of Ozark.
Boen says cadaver dogs are assisting in the search.
Banning was last seen on May 23, 1975. No one has been arrested in her disappearance.