Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Crystal Bridges Musuem of American Art
Mon August 26, 2013
Crystal Bridges To Display Newly Acquired Edward Hopper Artwork
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is to soon display a newly acquired painting of a New York scene by modernist Edward Hopper.
The museum in Bentonville on Monday didn't disclose a purchase a price but said it recently acquired the work from a private collection.
Crystal Bridges says the work should be on exhibit by mid-September in its Early 20th Century Art Gallery.
The painting is titled Blackwell's Island and depicts what's now known as Roosevelt Island, which is off Manhattan in the East River.
Blackwell's Island is among the largest of Hopper's oil paintings and incorporates sky, water and a skyline.
Crystal Bridges President Don Bacigalupi says the painting is considered one of Hopper's most ambitious compositions.
There is no admission charge to view the museum's permanent collection.
Fine Art & Tourism
Local & Regional News