Most Active Stories
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- Little Rock's Airport Reports Canceled Flights Due To Ice Storm
Crystal Bridges Musuem of American Art
Mon August 26, 2013
Crystal Bridges To Display Newly Acquired Edward Hopper Artwork
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is to soon display a newly acquired painting of a New York scene by modernist Edward Hopper.
The museum in Bentonville on Monday didn't disclose a purchase a price but said it recently acquired the work from a private collection.
Crystal Bridges says the work should be on exhibit by mid-September in its Early 20th Century Art Gallery.
The painting is titled Blackwell's Island and depicts what's now known as Roosevelt Island, which is off Manhattan in the East River.
Blackwell's Island is among the largest of Hopper's oil paintings and incorporates sky, water and a skyline.
Crystal Bridges President Don Bacigalupi says the painting is considered one of Hopper's most ambitious compositions.
There is no admission charge to view the museum's permanent collection.
Fine Art & Tourism
Local & Regional News