Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue July 8, 2014
Death Row Inmate Dies At Malvern Hospital
Prison officials say an Arkansas death row inmate has died at a hospital after falling ill.
Department of Correction spokeswoman Shea Wilson says 61-year-old Joe Louis Dansby died Monday night at a Malvern hospital. Wilson says Dansby had been ill for much of the past year and was being housed at the Ouachita River Correctional Unit medical facility.
Wilson says Dansby was taken by ambulance to the hospital on Monday night because of vomiting and difficulty breathing. He was pronounced dead shortly after 10:30 p.m. Monday.
Dansby was sentenced to death in 1997 for the killings of 21-year-old Malissa Clark and 23-year-old Jeff Lewis of Prescott. The couple was found shot to death alongside a logging road.