Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
The Divine Bohemian
Josef Myslivecek was a close friend of the young Mozart, and had great influence on his compositional style.
He was a celebrated opera composer in Italy in the 1770s, but the Italians had trouble pronouncing his name and so simply called him “The Divine Bohemian.”
He was tragically treated by a quack doctor who burned away his nose in a botched operation for syphilis.