Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
The Divine Bohemian
Josef Myslivecek was a close friend of the young Mozart, and had great influence on his compositional style.
He was a celebrated opera composer in Italy in the 1770s, but the Italians had trouble pronouncing his name and so simply called him “The Divine Bohemian.”
He was tragically treated by a quack doctor who burned away his nose in a botched operation for syphilis.