Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
The Divine Bohemian
Josef Myslivecek was a close friend of the young Mozart, and had great influence on his compositional style.
He was a celebrated opera composer in Italy in the 1770s, but the Italians had trouble pronouncing his name and so simply called him “The Divine Bohemian.”
He was tragically treated by a quack doctor who burned away his nose in a botched operation for syphilis.