Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Wed May 29, 2013
Doctors: Keep Group Out Of Arkansas Abortion Case
Opponents of an Arkansas law that bans most abortions 12 weeks into a pregnancy say a counseling group shouldn't be allowed to help defend the new restriction in federal court.
Two doctors who are suing the state over the 12-week ban asked a federal judge Tuesday to deny Concepts of Truth's request to intervene in the lawsuit over the law's constitutionality.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas and the Center for Reproductive Rights sued the state on behalf of the abortion providers.
A federal judge earlier this month blocked the law's enforcement while it's being challenged in court.
Opponents of the law say Concepts of Truth's intervention would cause an unnecessary delay in the case. The Wynne-based group provides counseling to pregnant women who are considering having an abortion.