Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue May 7, 2013
Dogs Rescued From West Arkansas Kennel
Officials in Sebastian County say some of the 65 dogs seized from an alleged puppy mill in Waldron have severe health problems.
County Humane Society Director JoAnn Barton says the some of the dogs rescued last week need treatment for malnutrition and that some of the females have been bred too many times. They were all kept in cramped conditions.
The Southwest Times Record reports some dogs' bones were so brittle that rescuers had to be careful not to break their jaws when brushing the animals' teeth. Three dogs have died.
The Humane Society has sent dogs to the Animal Rescue Foundation in Tulsa, Okla., and to a facility in Ohio. Officials say some of the dogs should be able to be adopted within a few weeks.