Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Fri May 17, 2013
Downtown Little Rock Amphitheater Renovations Are Complete
After nearly a year of renovation work, Little Rock’s Amphitheater is back in business.
Formerly known as the Riverfest Amphitheater, and now the First Security Amphitheater, the venue hosts many events throughout the year, including next week’s Riverfest and the summer series Movies in the Park.
DeAnna Korte, Executive Director of Riverfest, says the repair effort was a collaboration.
“First Security Bank was the corporate entity and Riverfest was the non-profit entity. Of course, the city of Little Rock and the Little Rock Advertising and Promotion Commission…also had a hand in helping to get this done” said Korte.
The expenses, needed after Hurricane Isaac damaged the roof last year, totaled nearly 1.2 million dollars.