Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri May 17, 2013
Downtown Little Rock Amphitheater Renovations Are Complete
After nearly a year of renovation work, Little Rock’s Amphitheater is back in business.
Formerly known as the Riverfest Amphitheater, and now the First Security Amphitheater, the venue hosts many events throughout the year, including next week’s Riverfest and the summer series Movies in the Park.
DeAnna Korte, Executive Director of Riverfest, says the repair effort was a collaboration.
“First Security Bank was the corporate entity and Riverfest was the non-profit entity. Of course, the city of Little Rock and the Little Rock Advertising and Promotion Commission…also had a hand in helping to get this done” said Korte.
The expenses, needed after Hurricane Isaac damaged the roof last year, totaled nearly 1.2 million dollars.