Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Wedding anniversary gifts are always special, and various years of marriage are usually marked by certain gifts: crystal for the 15th, silver for the 25th, and so on.
However, for his 30th anniversary, Robert Woods Bliss wanted to give his wife something very special: he commissioned Igor Stravinsky to write a chamber concerto, entitled Dumbarton Oaks, and named for his estate.