Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Wedding anniversary gifts are always special, and various years of marriage are usually marked by certain gifts: crystal for the 15th, silver for the 25th, and so on.
However, for his 30th anniversary, Robert Woods Bliss wanted to give his wife something very special: he commissioned Igor Stravinsky to write a chamber concerto, entitled Dumbarton Oaks, and named for his estate.