Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Wedding anniversary gifts are always special, and various years of marriage are usually marked by certain gifts: crystal for the 15th, silver for the 25th, and so on.
However, for his 30th anniversary, Robert Woods Bliss wanted to give his wife something very special: he commissioned Igor Stravinsky to write a chamber concerto, entitled Dumbarton Oaks, and named for his estate.