Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Wed April 3, 2013
FAA Sets Flight Restrictions Over Arkansas Oil Spill Site
The Federal Aviation Administration has placed flight restrictions on the airspace over the Mayflower oil spill site.
According to FAA.gov, no pilots are to operate any aircraft over the area.
The restrictions are effective "until further notice," according to the website.
Click here to see details of the notice.
An FAA spokesman says the restrictions apply to aircraft flying at 1,000 feet or less, like news media helicopters and local aircraft.
The spokesperson added that the air space needs to be free so aircraft flying in to respond to the disaster can do so.