Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Wed April 3, 2013
FAA Sets Flight Restrictions Over Arkansas Oil Spill Site
The Federal Aviation Administration has placed flight restrictions on the airspace over the Mayflower oil spill site.
According to FAA.gov, no pilots are to operate any aircraft over the area.
The restrictions are effective "until further notice," according to the website.
Click here to see details of the notice.
An FAA spokesman says the restrictions apply to aircraft flying at 1,000 feet or less, like news media helicopters and local aircraft.
The spokesperson added that the air space needs to be free so aircraft flying in to respond to the disaster can do so.