Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon August 19, 2013
Federal Committee Hearing On Rural, Urban Communications To Meet In Cabot
A member of the Federal Communications Commission is to discuss school Internet connectivity in a central Arkansas talk.
Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel of the FCC is to speak at the Cabot Public Schools administration building on Monday.
Rosenworcel is to highlight the need for affordable Internet access in classrooms. She is to appear with Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor, who is being challenged in a re-election bid by Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton.
Pryor is also to hold a field hearing of the Senate Commerce Committee in Little Rock on Monday morning to address similar topics.