Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon August 19, 2013
Federal Committee Hearing On Rural, Urban Communications To Meet In Cabot
A member of the Federal Communications Commission is to discuss school Internet connectivity in a central Arkansas talk.
Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel of the FCC is to speak at the Cabot Public Schools administration building on Monday.
Rosenworcel is to highlight the need for affordable Internet access in classrooms. She is to appear with Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor, who is being challenged in a re-election bid by Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton.
Pryor is also to hold a field hearing of the Senate Commerce Committee in Little Rock on Monday morning to address similar topics.