Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Mon March 3, 2014
Filing Deadline for Arkansas Candidates
The one-week filing period for members of Arkansas' political parties has ended with 412 candidates entering elections this year. The Secretary of State's office says 19 people entered races before Monday's noon deadline. Candidates for non-partisan positions, such as judicial positions, have until 3 p.m. Monday to file paperwork with the state.
Among those filing Monday were Republican Patricia Nation of Jacksonville for attorney general. Retired Army Col. Conrad Reynolds, a Republican, entered the 2nd Congressional District race. Democrat Mark Robertson also officially filed his paperwork for state land commissioner.
Party primaries will be held May 20 with runoffs three weeks later in races where a candidate doesn't receive more than 50 percent of the vote. The general election is Nov. 4.