Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Wed November 20, 2013
Fort Smith Approves Bonds For Gerber Expansion, Creates Jobs
Fort Smith has approved the issuance of up to $150 million in industrial development revenue bonds for an expansion at Gerber Products Co.'s plant in the city.
Deputy City Administrator Jeff Dingman says the expansion will lead to 90 new jobs and increased production at the plant, which makes cereal.
Gerber will be responsible for making payments on the bonds - not the city.
Dingman says industrial revenue bonds will lead to lower property taxes for the project. The Fort Smith Board of Directors approved the bond ordinance on a 5-0 vote Tuesday.