Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Local & Regional News
Wed July 3, 2013
Fort Smith Man Pleads Innocent In Machete Deaths
A judge has entered a not-guilty plea on behalf of a Fort Smith man accused of killing two men with a machete.
George Kinsey is charged with capital murder in the June 26 attack that killed 39-year-old Brandon Prince and 32-year-old Nathan Young.
Fort Smith television station KHBS reports that a judge on Wednesday ordered that Kinsey be appointed a public defender, though it wasn't immediately clear if one had been assigned.
Authorities say the victims were outside a house on North D Street when Kinsey walked by and exchanged words with the men.
Witnesses told police the men confronted Kinsey, who attacked them with the machete.
Prosecutors say they haven't yet decided whether to seek the death penalty.