Most Active Stories
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed June 5, 2013
Founder Of USA Drug Dies At Home In Pine Bluff
The founder of USA Drug has died at his home in Pine Bluff.
Jefferson County Coroner Chad Kelley told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that 71-year-old Stephen LaFrance Sr. died Wednesday. Kelley said the death was due to natural causes.
LaFrance formed USA Drug in 1968 and his company owned 144 stores in seven states when he sold it to Walgreen's in a $438 million deal last July. The company's stores operated under the names of USA Drug, Super D Drug, May's Drug, Med-X and Drug Warehouse in Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Ralph Robinson and Son Funeral Home.