Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed January 8, 2014
Freezing Rain, Sleet Possible In Parts Of Arkansas
Freezing rain and sleet are possible in parts of Arkansas as a wintry storm system makes its way through the state A winter weather advisory is in effect from 6 p.m. Wednesday until noon Thursday for the northern two-thirds of Arkansas.
The National Weather Service says the system will begin as rain Wednesday morning before transitioning to a wintry mix.
Forecasters say central Arkansas will likely see rain or sleet, while northern Arkansas is expected to see snow and sleet.
Forecasters say areas south of Arkadelphia, Pine Bluff and Stuttgart should see all rain by Wednesday evening.
The weather service doesn't expect heavy accumulations of ice, but some areas may see up to a quarter-inch of ice.