Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon August 5, 2013
Freight Company Expanding At Fort Smith
A facility that moves freight between big rigs and train cars is expanding in Fort Smith.
Ozark Transmodal Inc. spending $1.5 million to add 60,000 square feet of floor space to its center on Fourth Street.
The Southwest Times Record reports that Ozark Transit and it sister company, Arkansas and Missouri Railroad, moves freight from truck to rail and from rail to truck.
The firms have locations in Fort Smith and Springdale. The company says the new space will mainly be used for shipping rolls of paper.
On Thursday, about 100 workers were on hand to pour the slab for the facility.