Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes on Music
Wed February 27, 2013
A Ghost Light
Have you ever wondered why a single light is left burning on a stage after all the musicians, cast, and crew have left?
Tradition laced with superstition has it that many theaters have ghosts, and so a “ghost light” is left burning all night. Without it, it is said, the ghosts can run free, and so the light keeps them hidden. But, maybe it is really left on so they themselves can perform?