Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes on Music
Wed February 27, 2013
A Ghost Light
Have you ever wondered why a single light is left burning on a stage after all the musicians, cast, and crew have left?
Tradition laced with superstition has it that many theaters have ghosts, and so a “ghost light” is left burning all night. Without it, it is said, the ghosts can run free, and so the light keeps them hidden. But, maybe it is really left on so they themselves can perform?