Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes on Music
Wed February 27, 2013
A Ghost Light
Have you ever wondered why a single light is left burning on a stage after all the musicians, cast, and crew have left?
Tradition laced with superstition has it that many theaters have ghosts, and so a “ghost light” is left burning all night. Without it, it is said, the ghosts can run free, and so the light keeps them hidden. But, maybe it is really left on so they themselves can perform?