Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue February 26, 2013
Gov. Beebe Disapproves Lt. Gov. Darr's Actions
Lieutenant Governor Mark Darr is standing by his decision to sign a bill into law while Governor Mike Beebe was out of the state on business. Act 145 bans the public release of concealed handgun license records.
The bill would have become law with or without a signature since Beebe didn't veto it, but Darr wanted it put into effect immediately. Beebe says the lieutenant governor embarrassed himself by doing this. "I will be much more careful, [because] people like that you have to watch. You can't turn your back on them" he said.
Darr stands by his actions, saying, “it is important to remember that Act 145 received a tremendous amount of support from the Arkansas legislature."