Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Sun August 4, 2013
Group Resubmits Proposal To Legalize Pot In Arkansas
Supporters of a proposed constitutional amendment that would legalize marijuana in Arkansas have submitted a revised plan to Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
The proposal was revised and submitted Friday by Arkansans For Medical Cannabis after McDaniel in July rejected the wording of the proposed initiated act as ambiguous.
The proposed ballot measure would leave it to voters to decide whether to legalize marijuana, including for medical, industrial and recreational use.
The measure must be certified by McDaniel before the group can begin gathering signatures in an effort to qualify for a spot on the 2014 ballot.