Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Sun August 4, 2013
Group Resubmits Proposal To Legalize Pot In Arkansas
Supporters of a proposed constitutional amendment that would legalize marijuana in Arkansas have submitted a revised plan to Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
The proposal was revised and submitted Friday by Arkansans For Medical Cannabis after McDaniel in July rejected the wording of the proposed initiated act as ambiguous.
The proposed ballot measure would leave it to voters to decide whether to legalize marijuana, including for medical, industrial and recreational use.
The measure must be certified by McDaniel before the group can begin gathering signatures in an effort to qualify for a spot on the 2014 ballot.