Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Sun August 4, 2013
Group Resubmits Proposal To Legalize Pot In Arkansas
Supporters of a proposed constitutional amendment that would legalize marijuana in Arkansas have submitted a revised plan to Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
The proposal was revised and submitted Friday by Arkansans For Medical Cannabis after McDaniel in July rejected the wording of the proposed initiated act as ambiguous.
The proposed ballot measure would leave it to voters to decide whether to legalize marijuana, including for medical, industrial and recreational use.
The measure must be certified by McDaniel before the group can begin gathering signatures in an effort to qualify for a spot on the 2014 ballot.