Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Sun August 4, 2013
Group Resubmits Proposal To Legalize Pot In Arkansas
Supporters of a proposed constitutional amendment that would legalize marijuana in Arkansas have submitted a revised plan to Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
The proposal was revised and submitted Friday by Arkansans For Medical Cannabis after McDaniel in July rejected the wording of the proposed initiated act as ambiguous.
The proposed ballot measure would leave it to voters to decide whether to legalize marijuana, including for medical, industrial and recreational use.
The measure must be certified by McDaniel before the group can begin gathering signatures in an effort to qualify for a spot on the 2014 ballot.