Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed February 19, 2014
Harrison City Leaders Struggle To Lose Community's Racist Image
The North Arkansas city of Harrison is taking steps to rebrand itself, but some so-called white patriots are working to mark the town as their territory.
The Ozarks community, roiled by race riots in the early 1900s, has become a magnet for organized hate groups. It also attracted international media attention last fall with a billboard many considered racist.
A local race task force wants to counter that image, but at a recent meeting were confronted by Klan leaders. Jacqueline Froelich with Fayetteville station KUAF has the story. You can hear her report above.