Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Mon April 8, 2013
Heavy Rain Predicted For Arkansas Midweek
The National Weather Service says heavy rain is expected this week with a chance for severe storms as a front moves through the state.
Forecasters say 1 to 3 inches of rain is possible Tuesday and Wednesday, with up to 4 inches in areas of southeast Arkansas.
The weather service says a line of storms is expected to form Wednesday afternoon and evening in central and eastern Arkansas. Some areas could see strong or damaging winds as the storms move toward the Mississippi River. Forecasters say severe weather could break out if a "cap" in the atmosphere weakens between warmer, moist weather and a cold front. If that happens, large hail and isolated tornadoes are possible.