Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Mon April 8, 2013
Heavy Rain Predicted For Arkansas Midweek
The National Weather Service says heavy rain is expected this week with a chance for severe storms as a front moves through the state.
Forecasters say 1 to 3 inches of rain is possible Tuesday and Wednesday, with up to 4 inches in areas of southeast Arkansas.
The weather service says a line of storms is expected to form Wednesday afternoon and evening in central and eastern Arkansas. Some areas could see strong or damaging winds as the storms move toward the Mississippi River. Forecasters say severe weather could break out if a "cap" in the atmosphere weakens between warmer, moist weather and a cold front. If that happens, large hail and isolated tornadoes are possible.