Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Mon April 8, 2013
Heavy Rain Predicted For Arkansas Midweek
The National Weather Service says heavy rain is expected this week with a chance for severe storms as a front moves through the state.
Forecasters say 1 to 3 inches of rain is possible Tuesday and Wednesday, with up to 4 inches in areas of southeast Arkansas.
The weather service says a line of storms is expected to form Wednesday afternoon and evening in central and eastern Arkansas. Some areas could see strong or damaging winds as the storms move toward the Mississippi River. Forecasters say severe weather could break out if a "cap" in the atmosphere weakens between warmer, moist weather and a cold front. If that happens, large hail and isolated tornadoes are possible.