Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon July 22, 2013
Heavy Rainfall Predicted For Northern Arkansas
The National Weather Service says some parts of Arkansas could see heavy rainfall this week while other areas of the state will bake in temperatures approaching triple digits.
Forecasters say parts of northern Arkansas will see isolated storms and thunderstorms on Monday.
The weather service says total rainfall for the week could exceed 3 inches. Isolated storms could become severe, with strong winds the biggest concern.
Elsewhere in the state, hot and humid conditions are on tap. The weather service says the heat index will range from 100 degrees to 104 degrees in parts of central and southern Arkansas.
Forecasters say the hot weather should subside by the weekend when a cold front moves through.