Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Local & Regional News
Sun July 7, 2013
Hillary Clinton To Come To Little Rock For New Children’s Library
Former Secretary of State and First Lady Hillary Clinton is back in Little Rock for Monday’s dedication of the new children’s library, which is being named in her honor.
The Board of Trustees for the Central Arkansas Library System voted June 27th to honor Mrs. Clinton for her service to children.
“I think she’s done so much over the decades really working with children, particularly starting in Arkansas, even before she was first lady,” said CALS Director Bobby Roberts.
“This has been a cause of hers and a consistent cause for many, many years and a lot of good things that have happened in Arkansas, really you can trace back, I think, to some of her work and some of her advocacy with children, so it’s a great fit.”
The formal name for the facility will be the Central Arkansas Library System’s Hillary Rodham Clinton’s Library and Learning Center.
Monday’s ceremony begins at 1:30. Library officials say free registration to get in to auditorium for the event is full, but people can still come and hear audio of the ceremony throughout the library.
The library will also be hosting other events that afternoon, including story times, a performance by the Kinders, and more. You can learn more here.