Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
Hold The Meat! I'm Composing
In addition to vegetarians Confucious, Mohandas Gandhi, and George Bernard Shaw, many musicians have opted for the “no meat” cuisine.
These include composers such as Philip Glass, Percy Grainger, Alexander Scriabin, and Gustav Mahler; it seems Richard Wagner was “on again - off again.”
Personally, I greatly prefer a juicy, medium-cooked filet mignon. How about you?